The Australian Defence Force Academy Academy provides tertiary education and military training for the Australian Defence Force (ADF). Undergraduate students are mostly midshipmen of the Royal Australian Navy, officer cadets of the Australian Regular Army or the Royal Australian Air Force, who are in residence at the Academy. In addition to their academic studies, the midshipmen and officer cadets undertake programs of military training at ADFA and at service training establishments around Australia.
ADFA forms a unique partnership between the Department of Defence and UNSW. The Academy provides military training, in a tri service environment, and a high quality university education to develop the professional abilities, character and leadership required of the future leaders of the Australian Defence Force.
- The education and experiences of ADFA will equip you to deal with the professional and personal challenges of your chosen career
- Be trained in the art of leadership by experienced military professionals
- Access exceptional sporting and recreational facilities and be a part of a wide variety of sports and special-interest clubs
- Earn your degree from UNSW Australia, a Group of Eight (Go8) institution
- Choose from a range of degrees - Arts, Business, Engineering, Information Technology, Science and Technology
- Enjoy free medical and dental, subsidised food and accommodation