Jump to navigation
Research at UNSW Canberra is strategically guided by following principles and associated benefits:
To build scale, focus and quality in research by:
- attracting, developing and retaining leading research staff to provide leadership;
- supporting researchers to develop critical mass in key research areas and to attract external funding;
- supporting researchers to collaborate with the best in their fields both locally and internationally;
- supporting researchers with cutting-edge research facilities and equipment; and
- supporting researchers to publish their research achievements and impact in journals and outlets of the highest standing.
To further increase the quality of research students by:
- developing strategic research collaborative relationships with a select number of overseas universities;
- providing research students with an excellent research environment (facilities, support and high quality supervision); and
- building supervision capacity by recruiting both senior researchers and early career researchers.
To develop and expand strategic research linkages of mutual benefit with Faculties at Kensington campus, Defence, other government organisations and industry; and To enhance research and research training support capabilities to support both researchers and research students and to identify and capitalise on emerging research opportunities through developing individual researchers and research teams by:
- enhancing and engendering research culture and research community and advising on funding opportunities for strategic research areas; and
- streamlining the process for recruitment, administration of HDR students and student matters, and enhancing services provided to HDR students in the areas of pastoral care, counselling and student activities.